*FAST FORWARD* (not flashforward-I wish!)
At work I realized that when I get bored or have nothing productive to do for the moment, I snap. Not like cool jazz snapping, or hip rhythmic beat snapping...more like on the way to a musical brawl snapping. I can't seem to curb it-for now at least. I'm sure it'll either pass or die down. All last summer I couldn't get Smoke On The Water out of my head. SERIOUSLY, for like 4-5 months.*FAST FORWARD*
Break time. What is on the tv in the hub (name for the breakroom @BB) you say???? Only one of my fav movies ever.....MRS. DOUBTFIRE. As I sat and watched it, I realized this character has some little tips for us this year. Here they are:
1. Don't compromise your morals, despite the voices around you.
2. Don't try to be someone you're not-people don't want a faker.
3. If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned...and it'll smell like rubber.
4. "Honesty is the best policy" should sometimes leave room for "Use discretion."
5. Get fit. Take care of yourself, but don't let it get you down.
6. Shut the bathroom door...and lock it.
7. Don't let your work consume you.
8. Carpe Dentum.
9. Revenge can be deadly. Leave it for the Big Man.
10. Be careful in the pursuit of your dreams, you never know when it's their time to come true.
*Bonus: Final thought*
Family is a broad definition.
Dude looks like a lady, but she's...uh, he's...got some good points...and mad rapping skills.
-Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment